Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Days 17-20: General Incompetence

I have learned three important lessons this week. One, that when buying my very first pair of running pants, I should make sure that extraneous fluff is exorcised before removal from the store. Fluff like, oh, say, the security tag.


I bought these last Thursday. Odds that by the time I return to the store, the weather will be too warm for them? Whatever the opposite of "slim to none" is.

Two, that while it is difficult to take pictures of one's own back, at least it is less awkward than asking a roommate to be the photographer.

My first three tries, before I figured out that the big black triangles meant the camera lens hadn't opened all the way. Just call me a female, non-morphine addicted Sherlock Holmes.



It's like someone's peeking at me through a door in the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Three, that picking a cold night when I was sick with an exceptionally sore throat was an exceptionally bad time to start my outdoor endurance training. On Monday, after two miles and half an hour, I entered my apartment to switch out the CD in my Walkman (yes, I am living in the 90's) and head back out for more. Instead I collapsed on my bed in a coughing fit.

I did manage to get two miles of walking done today, with a few minutes of jogging thrown in, but even without over-exerting myself, my right shin does not want to behave. I'm thinking of cutting off my leg to spite my shin. That sounds like a practical idea, right? Right.

______________________________________________________
Hey, I'm not going this for my health! Well, I sort of am, but I'm also doing it to help find a cure for Crohn's and colitis. Please donate and help me get to Boston to complete my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment